The answers you may seek for the questions you may need
Where is the ideal place that I should position my cat scratching post?
Cats scratch for various reasons, including to mark their territory, stretch their bodies after waking up from a nap, and when they get excited about something such as their owner arriving home. For these reasons, it is advised to place the scratching post either near the front door, a window area or close to your cat’s favourite sleeping spot. Consider placing several posts in the rooms used most by your cat or in prominent spots on each level of your house.
Should I use the catnip on my cat scratching post?
Most cats get instantly attracted to the catnip scent, therefore, you can rub or spray a bit of catnip onto the product before its first use to better entice your feline. However, all our sisal cats scratching posts are already catnip treated by us and specially foil sealed during the packaging process, so that all these scents are secured and ready for your cat to explore! Alternatively, by request, if your cat does not fancy catnip then we are more than happy to seal only the natural sisal rope instead.
I have more than one cat, is it than advised that I should have more than one scratching post?
One of the reasons behind cats’ scratching behaviour is to mark their territory by leaving both a visual mark and a scent on the scratched surface. This way cats communicate their ownership of certain things. Hence, ideally if you have more than one cat it is advisable to provide separate posts.
Are spare arts available for my product?
Certainly, all pre-assembled parts can be ordered separately by visiting our Spare parts page.
Are the materials used by Cosy Posts safe?
Our up-most priority is the safety of cats as well as your own. We source our materials from trusted suppliers making sure that all parts are hazard free.
Do Cosy Posts products require assembly?
We design our products using all metal fixings. Depending on the product/s ordered tools may or may not be required. Some products are designed so that no tools are required and other larger cat towers come with easy to assemble and maintain printed instructuions. If you have any doubts or questions please contact us.
How long will the scratching post last for?
It depends on your cat’s personal character – some cats are more aggressive and dig their paws into the sisal rope more frequently than others. However, the sisal rope that we source is tightly packed with minimal loose fibres, which equates it to stay intact for longer. What is more, we stretch and secure the sisal rope so tightly around the post making our cosy posts more like the ultimate posts.
Where are Cosy Posts product made?
Each and every one of our products is 100% handmade to order in our small workshop in Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK.
Where are Cosy Products available to buy from?
We are a small family business offering bespoke quality cat products, therefore, they are only available to buy either directly from our website or at various cat show events we participate in throughout the UK.
When will I receive my order?
Once the order is placed and payment confirmed we then start building your one off product. Depending on the volume of orders we may have at any given time will determine when we may start on your project. Typically, we aim to complete all orders from 2 to 5 working days. Delivery times on small orders usually take between 1 to 2 working days and larger items 2 to 3 working days. For orders outside of UK mainland the delivery times may slightly vary depending on destination. Please contact us if you would like to get more accurate delivery dates based on your product selection. Lastly, we will provide you with the courier tracking details via email, so that you may follow your parcel status live and more closely.
Can I use my own preferred courier?
Yes you can, however we may ask you to cover any extra costs that may be involved. get in touch with us for more information.
Would I get a bulk buy discount if I were to buy several products at once?
Yes, most definitely, we can arrange a bulk buy discount on five or more products of same type. Please click on the contact us page and fill out a form or, alternatively, use our live chat option to speak to us immediately.
Do you post to countries outside the UK?
Yes, most certainly, we have live UPS shipping rates to any destination in the world. To find out the shipping cost to your place of residence please follow these instructions.
- After browsing our products and choosing the desired drop-down box options, you proceed by adding the product to the cart.
- Once product is added to the cart Click on ‘VIEW CART’
- Finally, get shipping rates based on your location by clicking on ‘CALCULATE SHIPPING’ and entering the countries name and postcode.
- Then click on ‘UPDATE TOTALS’ to get real time shipping rates from our workshop to your destination address. It is quick, fair and that easy!
- If, for whatever reason, you do not want to use our delivery partner, feel free to contact us with the delivery company of your choice to arrange the shipping steps. We try to be flexible to our customer needs!
Do you have free delivery or any discount on shipping and handling?
At this time it is extremely hard for our small company to allow this type of service. Cosy Posts are constructed using heavy materials to aid in the longevity of the product. They also can be bulky to send out. Rest assured that what we get as the discounted delivery price quote is what you pay only and not a pence more. We have designed our pre assembled pieces and their packaging to minimize shipping charges where applicable.
What should I do if I receive an incorrect or incomplete order?
Please accept our apologies if delivered order is not correct or possibly incomplete. Our high standards in building, packaging and delivering your goods are at the up-most priority on our list. Unfortunately, mistakes are inevitable at times. We will resolve your query with speed, easy and with absolute minimum inconvenience. Upon noticing that the order is at fault please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the best solutions that see fit.
My item was delivered damaged. What shall I do?
We apologise in an unlikely event of your order being visibly damaged upon delivery. We would advise you to inform the delivery driver, make a note on the delivery document, take pictures if possibly and contact us at your earliest convenience. This way we can investigate the matter and strive for a quick resolution. Please rest assured our packaging strategy has never let us down. We make sure that all our product parts are well cushioned, wrapped, and supported during the transit to your destination.
What is Cosy Posts returns policy?
You may return the product you have received, provided that it meets the following conditions:
• Return request must be reported within 7 calendar days of receiving your item.
• Returned item must be received by us within 14 calendar days of receiving your item.
• The product must be in new and unused condition with all original tags and paperwork included.
• Returned item must be in an original packaging.
• Return shipping fees are non-refundable, with the exception of shipment damage or a defective product. Otherwise, buyers are responsible for all return shipping costs. For our full in detail policy please visit our customer service page.
Can I cancel my order?
For standard items:
• Cancellation requests must be made within 48 hours from receiving the Order Acknowledgement email.
• If your order has been built or begun being built, but not yet dispatched, after the 48 hours there will be a 10% cancellation fee.
• If your order has been built, packaged and dispatched at the time of cancellation there will be a 10% cancellation fee plus 2-way shipping.
For custom made items:
• There are no cancellations or returns for bespoke items tailored to your needs.
• Unless, if product or individual part of the product has been damaged in transit or wrongfully made by us, we reserve the right to replace the product or individual part free of charge.
What payments methods do Cosy Posts accept?
We accept credit/debit card, PayPal, and Bank transfers.
Please see our Customer Services page under Payments for more in depth information.
Is my credit card information secure?
All payment information is encrypted and collected via our secure server.
Do you take phone orders?
Yes, we can take phone orders if you wish. Please contact us on 07535470258.
How will I know that you have received my payment and order?
For online orders you will receive an Order Acknowledgement Confirmation email. The email will inform you that we have successfully received all necessary information and we can begin building your product(s).